What are Plastic Shipping Tubes?
Clear mailing tubes are plastic cylindrical tubes used to ship correspondence of all types. Vinyl caps create an airtight seal at either end of these tubes. Light duty shipping tubes are made from paperboard, but heavy shipping tubes are made from resilient plastic. The most common tube sizes are 1.5” x 8” and 2” x 10”. These shipping containers are perfect for tall, square packages with a narrow cross-section.
Whether it is a critical document, consumer advertising, a free sample, or this month’s rent or mortgage, a clear mailing tube is one of the best packaging options. The translucent material these tubes are made from is the perfect choice for having your advertising leap out. Take advantage of this with your consumer advertising or B2B advertising campaigns.
These tubes are cheaper to ship through the USPS and are more durable than paper packaging. Paper packaging is far more likely to be damaged in transit than plastic tubes. Despite their unorthodox appearance, mailing tubes are considered a standard package by the USPS and ship at no additional charges. This low cost and convenience offset the increasing price of mailing rates.
Clear plastic mailing tubes are often used for shipping and protecting important documents, creatively packaging business advertisements, sending direct mail campaigns, product samples, and so much more. Businesses and consumers have chosen to ship their clear plastic mailing tubes via the USPS, as they are the most cost effective. Petro’s clear plastic mailing tubes are a USPS-approved package, and perform considerably better than the alternative paper tubes especially in rainy, snowy, and other inclement weather. Vinyl caps fit extremely snug on each plastic mailing tube, so no additional tape is necessary.
Petro Packaging’s Clear Plastic Mailing Tubes and USPS Shipping Information:
- Mailing tubes are arranged on top of mail pile therefore they are seen and opened first.
- Clear plastic mailers can be shipped via Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express.
- Clear plastic mailing tubes are still considered a standard “Package” according to USPS standards, meaning there is no additional costs to ship products in a tube instead of a box.
- All goods inside our clear mailing tubes may be sent via USPS First Class Package Service, as long as the tube’s weight is less than 15.999 oz.
- Petro’s clear stock industrial tubes can also be used as a shipping package for heavy items weighing up to 70 lbs such as fishing poles, telescopes, and golf clubs!
- Petro Packaging’s clear plastic mailing tubes can be shipped internationally.
- Plastic Mailing tubes can also be made in opaque colors if you choose that your product not be visible, while maintaining the same durability as a clear tube.
- Plastic mailing tubes are more durable than their paper counterparts. They withstand harsh weather conditions better than paper, are cheaper to ship, and are shipped internationally. Mailing tubes are placed at the top of delivery piles and are treated better and delivered before other mail. Get your mail delivered faster by choosing a plastic mailing tube.
- Any sized goods can be shipped in a tube. Items up to 15.999 oz are shipped as a USPS First Class Package. Larger mailing tubes are available for goods up to 70 lbs. Visit this link to see USPS rates and services. With plastic tubes, the size of your product does not matter. So, use a tube, ship it cheaply, and know that it will arrive unscathed.
Nobody has time to worry about their mail. Choose a plastic mailing tube for stress-free shipping. Safely ship any type of correspondence or any size or weight of good in a mailing tube. Take solace in knowing any size package will arrive intact and quickly, despite the weather conditions or distance traveled. Choose the right shipping solution and go with a mailing tube today.
Commonly purchased mailing tube sizes include, but are not limited to the following:
1 ½” x 8” Lts. open end tube with vinyl caps 2” x 10” Lts. open end tube with vinyl caps 2 ½” x 12” Lts. open end tube with vinyl caps
*Petro’s plastic mailing tubes can also be made with a heavier wall to better protect your product against being crushed, dropped or other potential handling damages.
PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS – MAIL CAMPAIGNS –PROTECTING DOCUMENTS – ADVERTISING